Monday, November 2, 2015

Weekly Pens, Week 45 2015: Sparkles & Demonstrators

As daylight is becoming increasingly rare these days my "weekly pens" shots have been rather subdued this week.

As the new pen roll (which is awesome and which I still haven't shown you in full!) holds 8 pens, consequently the number of inked pens has grown to 8 as well and I'm even having difficulties sticking to this number! This is partly because I'm having so much fun mixing inks and pearl luster pigments. I used to make my own teal & gold mix before Emerald of Chivor came out but Leigh Reyes's post about colorful luster pigments pushed me right over the edge into sparkles wonderland!

Maybe that's why I love demonstrators so much these days.


Sadly the Lamy Vista hasn't worked well with my sparkling ink mixes, when none of my TWSBIs had the slightest trouble with the amount of pigment added the Vista feed kept clogging up so I've cleaned it out and filled it with Stipula Zafferano. That one is very light indeed though so I might add some red or orange to improve legibility.


From left to right:
  • TWSBI Vac with IB nib, Octopus Karibik
  • ST Dupont Olympio XL with IM nib, Herbin Bleu Ocean
  • Pelikan Fantasia with IBB nib, Herbin Gris Orage
  • TWSBI Eco with 1,1 italic, Iroshizuku Yama Budo (+ sparkles)
  • Conway Stewart Churchill with IB nib, Octopus Karamell (+ sparkles)
  • Montegrappa Miya Argento with IB nib, Sheaffer Skrip Black (+ sparkles)
  • Lamy Vista with 1,1 italic, Stipula Zafferano
  • Montegrappa Extra 1930 with IB nib, Noodler's Cayenne




3 comments: